EVEN NOW; WITH A THOUSAND LITTLE VOYAGES UNDER MY BELT.
I STILL FEEL A MEMORIAL CHILL ON CASTING OFF.
-E.B. White

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Why Do Dogs Roll in Dead Things That Smell Bad? & Why Do Men Wear Shorts in Winter?

Turns out both are normal.  

Yesterday while walking Izzy in the park on a cold blustery morning, she was sniffing around as she usually does and then I seen it happen.  The familiar head tucking under for the rollover onto something smelly in the grass.  I caught her quick enough so that she only got a tiny bit of smelly stuff on her back.  Perhaps this behavior may relate to her wolf relatives in trying to obscure their own individual odors or perhaps she is getting ready for her encounter later in the day at the dog park.  "Hey check out what I happened to come across today - you're all going to be pretty impressed!"  

Today while walking Izzy in the park my mind started to wander back to yesterday and how bundled up I was in my sweatpants, jacket, stocking cap and mittens running errands and walking Izzy in the park.  The temp was a blustery 40 degrees with a northerly breeze in the 40 MPH range.  At least 80% of the men out and about yesterday were wearing shorts (not my manly man) - they had big jackets on, but wearing shorts - this also turns out (I googled it) to be normal - must be a throw back to those caveman days.  While my mind was wandering however, turns out Izzy's mind was on only one thing - finding that sweet spot again.  I didn't see it coming, and before I knew it she had wiggled on her backside all over that dead smelly thing.  She should be a big hit at the dog park today.


They had a rocket launch here on Monday.  The SpaceX Falcon 9 carrying the THAICOM satellite to orbit.

The entertainment center remodel project continues - updates to follow.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, did you take that picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Deb

    As this point in your life, I would expect that you would have learned that the words "dog" and "men" are interchangeable, and refer to the same creature!

    Bob

    ReplyDelete