EVEN NOW; WITH A THOUSAND LITTLE VOYAGES UNDER MY BELT.
I STILL FEEL A MEMORIAL CHILL ON CASTING OFF.
-E.B. White

Monday, December 27, 2010


WIND, WIND, WIND - Looks like it's going to be another windy year for Florida and the Bahamas - 40MPH winds yesterday and last night, kept us tied to the docks (and internet). Late today winds are supposed to let up so we may have an opportunity to cut loose the lines and motor back to Royal Island anchorage (or not).  So consider this our last post from Spanish Wells and Izzy's last walk around the town.  Our plans (there we go again with that plan thing) is to cruise down the coast of Eleuthera tomorrow, anchor in Hatchett Bay, then on to Rock Sound anchorage to wait out another blow.    
Aerial view of Spanish Wells

Forgot to show pics of Izzy's first golf cart ride to Chris's for Christmas dinner, his beautiful home on Russell Island and view from front porch.
Of, course she had to be in the front seat.



The rest of the pics are from our last walk around this beautiful place - truly paradise.  Thanks to Chris for his hospitality, Cocoon Too for introducing us to the island and Big Run for playing with and loving Izzy.  It's been a very nice time here, but looking forward to the next adventure.

Fun things to do with trash!
 For our Minnesota counterparts - there appears to be Twins & Vikings Fans here

and lots of picturesque homes - I could live here.







I was hoping to sneak this one in unnoticed - cannot help myself.
The Pink Coral Sand
Big Run, Cocoon Too and Broulee at the docks.       

5 comments:

  1. Four stitches? Ouch! I've been told that alcohol aids in the healing process. Bottoms Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I remember it well... Blow, blow, blow.
    When you guys were anchored out at Royal were you allowed to take Izzy to shore or are they still policing the development?
    Happy New Year.
    Crew Istaboa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This place truly is a paradise! I would love to live in a community like that, where there are nice views, pleasant places to go to, and picturesque homes with lovely doors and windows! That purple door definitely caught my eye! Such a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a place to relax! You must’ve been really happy going there. The place actually reminds me of Cape Town because the city is known for having brightly painted houses. You surely feel the good vibes once you step on that town. :’)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my family would want to live in different houses if we get to visit this wonderful place. My daughters would probably want to stay on that pink house; my one and only son would go to the blue one. Haha! I guess my wife and I would go for that purple house. I wonder if the vacation houses in Russell Island are all colorful. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete